- Prep Time
- 5 min
- Total Time
- 15 min
- ripe bananas
- marshmallows, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup
- Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 60 mL
- 2 tbsp
- shredded coconut or chopped pecans
- 30 mL
- Step 1
- While camp fire is underway, cut open banana peels lengthwise along the "inside curve". Make small horizontal cuts in peel at each end and open up bananas slightly.
- Step 2
- Insert marshmallows, chocolate chips and coconut or pecans into bananas and then press bananas back together. Wrap in aluminum foil, place in hot, glowing embers and bake 5 to 7 min. depending on intensity of fire. Enjoy with spoons.
Cook your banana boats on a grate if your campfire is still going strong or place them directly on glowing embers if it’s dying out.