Long days of summer, meet short
dinner prep ideas. Simply pick up
a ready-made meal or a grill-friendly
flatbread and a handful of fresh
produce and you’re done like dinner.
Veg out with these grilling hacks
Whether you’re serving up a veggie dish as your main event, the starting act, or a delish side dish, these BBQ tips will guarantee your vegetables are more than garden-variety.
- Warm BBQ Potato Salad: Place chunks of potatoes (or minis) in a foil pan. Add water to cover the pan bottom, and add a splash of olive oil. Cover with foil. Grill until tender and the water is almost gone. Stir in grainy mustard, butter, diced red onion, dill, salt and pepper.
- Smoky Eggplant: Grill chunks of eggplant until lightly charred. Toss with thinly sliced red onions, walnuts, torn mint leaves, a squeeze of lemon, honey, salt and pepper.
- Sweet & Sticky Asparagus: Grill asparagus and brush lightly with Hoisin (or your favourite sauce) near end of grilling. Sprinkle with sesame seeds or peanuts to garnish.
- Spicy Street Corn: Grill corn-on-the-cob, brush with butter or mayonnaise. Generously add your favourite spicy seasoning or hot sauce.
- Umami Zucchini & Peppers: Cut long, 1 cm thick diagonals of zucchini and peppers. Brush with a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire, minced garlic and olive oil. Grill all sides.
Even veggies need some TLC. See how our tricks can make a new easy go-to.
Bring the tropics
to your backyard
Our fresh pick – surprising ways to add the taste of sunshine to
your summer dining.
- This gets juicy with a diced mango topper.
- Feeling frisky? Swap for sliced papaya.
- Add chopped dragon fruit to your – trust us.
- An unexpected union of passionfruit and fudge is more than fresh – try it in your next
Little known fruit facts
Feed your curiosity with tropical fruit – an easy yet exotic addition to your platters, fruit salad and more!
A perfectly ripe avocado should taste creamy, not mealy in texture.1
Don’t eat the pink dragon fruit rind. Beautiful but inedible.2
Mangoes are at perfect ripeness when they “give” a little with a light squeeze.3
Scoop the fruit. Cut passionfruit in half, spoon out and enjoy the pulp and seeds4
Go for guava – you can eat the skin, flesh and seeds.5
Sweet reward. Slice papayas in half, scrape out seeds. Eat the fruit right off the rind or dice and add to…everything!6
Put your feet up…
We hear you, which means we’re here for you. Our family-friendly in-store
meals feed a family of four. The Dagwood Summer Meal Deal comes with
a side salad, dessert and drinks. Our Crispy Chicken Meal Deal comes
with a side salad.
- 9-Piece Crispy Chicken
- 1 Compliments salad 2 lb.
- 1 Dagwood Sandwich
- 1 Compliments salad 1 lb
- 1 Compliments dessert 300-370g (tub)
- 4x310ML Coca-Cola
Travel around the world from your own backyard with our tasty range of flatbread flavours, available now in the chill case:
- NEW Mexican-style Street Corn
- Al Pastor Flatbreads
- Canadian Lobster Flatbread.
Très good trays
Enjoy your veggies and fruits fresh or grill them to bring out their flavours. Ready in-store when you are!
BBQ Grillers – Asparagus and Deluxe Mixed Vegetables
Amazing produce tray hack:
And for your fruit kabobs, brush them with lime juice and brown sugar for a real treat.