|Appliance||How it works||Best for…||Ideal if…||Cook it!|
|Multicooker||A jack of all trades, this diverse appliance can steam, sauté, slow-cook and pressure-cook.
|· Depending on the model and features, this appliance can cook just about anything.
· Cooking dried beans, whole grains and tougher cuts of meat in way less time.
· Newer models even have yogurt and sterilizer settings.
|· You like to have as many options as possible.
· Counter space is limited.
· You don’t like to think about dinner too far ahead.
· You don’t enjoy washing too many dishes.
· You don’t want to watch a timer (the appliance flips automatically to the keep-warm function once food is cooked).
|· Multicooker Pot Roast with Bacon & Potatoes|
|Slow cooker||Like a tightly covered Dutch oven set over a very low stovetop burner, it cooks food slowly and gently over a long period of time, yielding tender and flavourful results.||· Simmering soups, stews, chilies and curries.
· Braising meats, especially cuts that aren’t naturally tender.
· Baking cornbread.
· Cooking rice pudding.
|· You’re an early riser and have time for kitchen prep before work.
· Your kids need to eat the second you walk in the door.
· You’d rather relax than stand over the stove stirring.
|· Slow Cooker Blood Orange Teriyaki Beef Ribs|