- Prep Time
- 5 mins
- Total Time
- 20 mins
- 1 tsp
- each peppercorns, coriander seeds, ground cumin, coarse salt
- 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 2 mL
- Sterling Silver® Striploin Steaks (10 oz/300 g each)
- Step 1
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Using a mortar and pestle or small food processor, grind peppercorns, coriander, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes. Rub meat with spice blend.
- Step 2
- Grill steaks for 3 to 4 min. per side, turning once, for medium rare or until instant-read thermometer registers 135°F (57°C). Remove steaks from grill and let rest for 5 min. Slice steak across the grain and divide evenly among 4 plates.
- Step 3
- No BBQ? Preheat broiler to high. Rub steaks with spice blend. Preheat 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over high heat. Sear steaks for 30 sec. per side. Transfer skillet to oven on a rack 4 in. (10 cm) below broiler. Broil for 3 to 4 min. per side for medium rare, or until instant-read thermometer registers 145°F (63°C).
Dress up a side of corn with tasty toppings.