- Prep Time
- 10 mins
- Total Time
- 40 mins
- Serves 4
- ripe pineapple, peeled and cored, divided
- pork loin (approx. 14 oz/400 g), cut into 12 cubes
- 2 tbsp
- reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 30 mL
- 1 tbsp
- Ginger Seasoning Paste
- 15 mL
- 10" bamboo paddle skewers, soaked
- small red onion, quartered and layers separated
- 4 slices
- reduced-sodium bacon, each cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 tsp
- each salt and pepper
- 2 mL
- Step 1
- Cut half the pineapple into 12 cubes. Roughly chop remaining pineapple and purée in a food processor or blender. In a mixing bowl, combine pork with puréed pineapple, soya sauce and ginger paste, massaging to coat evenly.
- Step 2
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Thread pork onto bamboo skewers alternating with pineapple, onion and bacon, making 4 skewers.
- Step 3
- Season skewers with salt and pepper and grill with lid closed, turning every 4 to 5 min., until pork is cooked through, 15 to 17 min.
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 min. before threading on pork, bacon, pineapple and onion.