- Prep Time
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time
- 30 mins
- Total Time
- 45 mins
- 4 1/2 cups (1.125 L)
- 1 cup
- 250 mL
- sprigs fresh thyme (plus extra for garnish)
- 3-in. (8-cm) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 bottle
- soda water or sparkling mineral water, chilled
- 750 mL
- 1/2 cup
- lemon juice, strained (about 4 lemons) Ice
- 125 mL
- Step 1
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together 2 cups (500 mL) water, sugar, thyme and ginger. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 min. Cool 30 min., then strain syrup into a clean sealable bottle or jar. (To cool syrup more quickly, strain immediately into a measuring cup or bowl and place in the freezer.) Syrup can be made ahead.
- Step 2
- Add soda water to a pitcher and stir in the lemon juice. Add 6 tbsp (90 mL) of the syrup to the pitcher. Taste and add more syrup if necessary.
- Step 3
- Serve over ice and garnish each serving with a sprig of thyme.
Any leftover syrup will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 weeks. To make a single serving of lemonade, stir together 2 tbsp (30 mL) syrup and 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice. Pour over ice into a glass, top with soda water. Optional: Add 1 oz (1 tbsp/15 mL) gin or vodka to each serving.
Chilling Time: 30 min.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.