- Prep Time
- 15 mins
- Total Time
- 2 h 45 m
- 1 lb
- trimmed boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes
- 500 g
- onion, diced
- ⅔ cup
Sensations by Compliments Spirited Mickie Sweet & Tangy
Bourbon BBQ Sauce, divided
- 150 mL
- ½ cup
- canned diced tomatoes
- 125 mL
- ¼ cup
- beef broth
- 60 mL
- bunch Swiss chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup
- corn kernels
- 125 mL
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated rolled pie crust
- square foil pans (8 X 8-in/ 20 x 20-cm)
- foil pie plate (9-in./ 23-cm diameter)
- Step 1
- Double-up the square foil pans (that is, insert one inside the other). Add in the pork, onion, ½ cup (125 mL) BBQ sauce, tomatoes and beef broth. Stir well. Cover doubled pans tightly with foil.
- Step 2
- Place on upper rack of grill preheated to medium-high. Cook 10 min.; reduce heat to low. Maintain temperature at 325°F (160°C); cook 2 hr. or until meat is very tender.
- Step 3
- Wearing oven mitts, carefully open foil. Spoon pork and sauce into large bowl. Using 2 forks, shred pork. Stir in Swiss chard, red pepper, corn and remaining BBQ sauce; spread in foil pie plate. Cover with rolled pie crust. Use tines of fork to crimp edges of crust and adhere it to plate edge. Make 3 small slashes in centre of crust. Whisk egg with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; brush over crust.
- Step 4
- Place on upper rack of barbecue on medium-high heat. Cook with lid closed. Adjust flame as needed to maintain temperature of 425 °F (220 °C). Cook 25 to 30 min., or until filling is bubbling and pastry is golden brown.
Double recipe to make a second pie at the same time, or make just the filling to use in gourmet sandwiches.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.