About the Games
Over 5 days, 1200 athletes, coaches, managers, and mission staff will gather to compete in alpine and cross country skiing, five-pin bowling, curling, figure and speed skating, floor hockey and snowshoeing.
See Games Schedule
- In 2018, customers donated more than $100,000 at the check-stand, helping to provide sports programming to 24,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities – from ages two to 70-plus – in communities across Ontario.
- Customers helped provide sports programming to 3,200 Albertans with intellectual disabilities, from 2 year olds to those over 70, in communities across the province.
- Funds raised by customers provided the opportunity for more than 800 athletes with intellectual disabilities to compete at the Special Olympics Alberta Winter Games in
- Donations from customers last year helped hundreds of local athletes – from Prince Rupert to Cranbrook, Fort St. John to Campbell River and throughout the Lower Mainland – compete in the 2019 Special Olympics BC Winter Games.
- Customers helped provide sports programming for 4,800 athletes with intellectual disabilities in communities across British Columbia.
- Donations from customers funded sport programming for 110 swimmers, 214 track and field athletes and 59 curlers with intellectual disabilities in communities across the province.
- In 2018, customers raised more than $95,000 in support of athletes with intellectual disabilities across Manitoba in September 2018.These funds helped more than 170 athletes from five regions attend the Special Olympics Manitoba Winter Games in Winnipeg.
- Donations from customers helped provide quality sports programming for 1,200 athletes with intellectual disabilities – from the age of two to 70-plus – across Saskatchewan.
- Donations from customers helped more than 300 athletes with intellectual disabilities compete at Special Olympics New Brunswick’s Provincial Winter Games held in Miramichi and directly benefited these athletes in communities across the province.
- Through your generous support, Special Olympics New Brunswick was able to offer more daily community sports programs than ever before!
NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR
- Customers’ donations helped provide sports programming to more than 780 Newfoundlanders and Labradorians with intellectual disabilities, from 2 year olds to those over 70, in communities across the province.
- Funds raised by customers provided the opportunity for more than 500 athletes with intellectual disabilities to compete at the Special Olympics Nova Scotia Winter Games at Camp Aldershot.
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
- Customer donations helped provide important medical screenings to dozens of PEI athletes with intellectual disabilities.