Love sushi but think it’s impossible to make at home? Sushi à La Maison takes the guess work and knife skills out of preparing restaurant-quality sushi, in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Think of Sushi à La Maison like your own personal sushi pro. You purchase the sushi-grade, pre-cut fish in our frozen seafood department including a tuna, scallop or salmon tartare mix, along with seasoned Sushi à La Maison mayonnaise and accompaniments. Follow the easy-to-make recipes, mix, serve and enjoy. It really is that simple!
From fresh seafood tartares to poke bowls and salads, you’ve got an easy appetizer or meal that’s sure to impress. Here are a few sushi-counter worthy recipes to get you started:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 1 main or appetizers for 2
- Thaw tube of cubed salmon in cold water for 25 minutes.
- Combine 1 tube of salmon cubes; ½ shallot, chopped; 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of Sushi Tartare Base; 15 mL (1 tbsp.) snipped fresh dill; 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of chopped capers; the zest of half a lemon; and a pinch of sea salt crystals.
- Mix and serve with toast points or crostini.
Salmon Poke Bowl from Chef Geneviève Everell
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 mains
- In a small bowl, combine 125 mL (½ cup) tamari sauce, 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) Sriracha sauce, and 15 mL (1 Tbsp.) sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tubes of salmon tartare cubes, half the spicy tamari sauce, and 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) olive oil.
- Arrange 250 mL (1 cup) of cooked, cooled sushi rice in the centre of two bowls.
- Place ½ cup red cabbage slivers, 2 radishes finely cubed, salmon mixture, ½ cup cooked edamame, ½ cup cubed mango, and ¼ English cucumber slices over the rice.
- Top with remaining spicy tamari sauce. Serve immediately.
Salmon, Tuna, Scallop Tartare Trio on a bed of Grilled Vegetables
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 3 mains or appetizers for 6
- In a skillet set over high heat, sauté 30, coarsely chopped Brussels sprouts in 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) olive oil. Once golden, add 250 mL (1 cup) of pine nuts and 250 mL (1 cup) of sundried, chopped tomatoes. Continue cooking while stirring over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes until pine nuts are golden. Cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1 tube each of salmon, tuna and scallop tartare cubes, 15 mL (1 Tbsp.) of tartare base, 5 chopped chive blades and a pinchof fleur sea salt crystals. Mix.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts on plates and top with tartare.
While the tartare cube tubes thaw, make the most of the time to prepare the other ingredients. Then whip it all together and save time, too.
Scallop Ceviche from Chef Geneviève Everell
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 1 main or appetizer for 2
- In a bowl, combine scallop cubes from 1 tube, 15 mL (1 Tbsp.) lime juice, 15 mL (1 Tbsp.) of olive oil, and sea salt crystals to taste. Marinate for 3 hours in fridge.
- Garnish dish with 250 mL (1 cup) of arugula, 125 mL (½ cup) avocado slices, orange segments from 1 orange, and 6 diced strawberries.
- Add marinated scallop cubes, top with pink peppercorns to taste and lime zest of 1/2 lime, and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Available in select locations.
Ontario Urban Fresh stores:
Etobicoke (4743), St.Clair (693), Rosebury Square (695), Mount Pleasant (701), High Park (819), Queens Way (867), Yonge&Balliol (933) and Spadina (934)
Atlantic PEI Sobeys stores:
Stratford (621), West Royalty (628), Montague (721), Summerside (868) and Charlottetown (870)