With outdoor activities in full swing, fitting cooking into your schedule can be a challenge. But with these 10 versatile ingredients, you can whip up a breakfast, an appetizer, a side, a pickled treat, five mains and even a delicious dessert. How’s that for being organized? And we promise you won’t get tired of these ingredients.
These ingredients partnered with pantry staples will set you up for 10 summer-ready recipes.
- 9 Italian sausages
- 2 ½ lb. (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 5 Maple Chipotle Salmon Kabobs
- 2 packages Sensations by Compliments Cracked Peppercorn Seasoned Butter & Canola Oil
- 3 (142 g) packages kale
- 14 cobs of corn
- 1 cucumber
- 2 baguettes
- 5 avocados
- 7 oz. (200 g) Sensations by Compliments Goat Brie Cheese
Note: Amounts are slightly rounded up to the nearest whole measure.
Prep & Storage Tips
- Before grilling, soak wooden planks for at least one hour and skewers for 30 minutes to prevent them from catching fire.
- To get an early start on meal prep, grill the salmon and cook the sausage for the crostini on the weekend so it’s easier to assemble the recipes during the week. Refrigerate and use as needed.
- Store baguette at room temperature and not in the fridge, as it will dry out and go stale faster.
Ready, Steady, Cook!
Many of these dishes are prepared on the grill so you can enjoy the sunny weather even when you’re cooking.
What’s the secret to fudgy, butter-free brownies? Avocado. Melted chocolate and cocoa powder keep the chocolate game in this treat strong.
Ready-to-grill salmon and veggie kabobs speed up prep time for this family-friendly recipe. It’s ready in just 25 minutes and can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
Turn Italian sausage into your new favourite breakfast sausage patty with grilled corn kernels. Topped with goat brie, avocado and a fried egg, this is one satisfying start to the day.
Serve these Middle Eastern-inspired koftas tucked in baguette with cucumber and yogourt. Spiked with cumin, chili and coriander, it’s an inventive way to spice and grill ground beef.
Surprise diners with meatloaf hot off the barbecue — not the oven! Grilled on a plank, our three-ingredient loaf is served with steamed kale, tangy goat cheese and sweet corn.
Every meal plan needs a hearty salad that satisfies like a meal. Our version includes cheese-topped chunks of toasted baguette with grilled salmon, baby kale and diced cucumber.
Nestled in a mason jar with a chili-spiked brining liquid, pickled corn is a surprising way to preserve summer’s favourite treat. Enjoy it as antipasto, toss it in a salad or top off grilled meat.
Warm taco shells are filled with paprika- and cumin-spiced salmon and topped with a hit of green — courtesy of avocado-lime salsa and garlicky kale chimichurri.
Watch this appetizer disappear quickly at your next cocktail party or barbecue. It’s an easy job to assemble sliced sausage on toasted baguette with spiced kale purée and goat brie.
Destined for weekend brunch, this dish hits the spot with a hearty mix of kale, sausage, corn and ground beef. Crispy corn fritters are the perfect accompaniment.